What Is Dairy Farming?
Dairy farming is a type of industry related to agri-business that involves the production of milk from domestic animals. A dairy plant or dairy is typically a plant that involves processing milk and then producing some milk products like khoya with the help of a khoya making machine. At the same time, the domestic animals used in the dairy farm are called dairy animals. In India, the most popular dairy animals involve she-buffaloes, cows, and female goats for milk production for dairy farming.
Many factors dictate the success of dairy farming. Given below is some information about it.
What Are The Advantages Of Dairy Farming?
Here are some advantages of dairy farming if you think of opening one to grow your farming business.
- Compared to other businesses, the initial investment in dairy farming is low. Thus you would not have to shed a lot of money before your business starts booming.
- Another factor that is great not only for you but for the environment too is that it is environment-friendly. The risk of pollution from the dairy farming business is very low comparatively.
- The demand for milk products would never decrease no matter the situation.
- Cow dung is an excellent source of manure as it increases soil fertility.
- Cow dung is also very beneficial in producing biogas. People use the slurry from biogas for vermicomposting.
- You can reduce the risk of animal death by ensuring cows in the dairy farming business.
What Are The Limitations Of the Dairy Farming Business?
As we have already discussed the advantages of dairy farming, let us begin with the limitations of dairy farming.
- Milk is a perishable product that requires early preservation or marketing.
- You would require to hire trained and skilled managers for the management department. The initial success of dairy farming mostly depends on promising strategies for early heat detection, proper feeding, timely breeding, and disease control, which could be controlled by a good manager.
- You would require searching for the best Dairy Equipment Manufacturers to get machines that run smoothly and efficiently for better production.
- Due to the increase in the price of the feed ingredients, the cost of milk production is also escalating in recent times.
- To keep the animals free from any diseases, you should install proper biosecurity measures.
How To Select A Land For Your Dairy Farming?
The selection of land is an essential factor that you must keep in mind before installing your dairy farming business.
- You should select land for your dairy farming business that is upraised from its surroundings.
- You should avoid any land which is low and is in the water logging area.
- The soil of the opted land should be fertile for a significant part of the land as you can use it for fodder cultivation.
- You should check if there is a good supply of fresh, soft5a and clean water.
- Good communication with the farm is also a necessary point.
- You should search for land nearby a veterinary hospital or artificial insemination center.
- The authorized must supply the electricity to the proposed dairy farm site.
I hope this will help you gather as much information about the dairy farming business as possible.
If you are starting your dairy farming business, contact NK Dairy Equipments for your dairy production equipment manufacturing. A reliable source for your growth.