Dairy farming is a type of agriculture dedicated to producing milk, Paneer, ghee and other dairy products from the care and feeding of the cattle, mainly dairy cows. The main focus of dairy farmers is managing the animals’ health, welfare and milk production to obtain the highest possible quantity and quality of the milk.
What is the definition of Dairy farming?
Dairy farming is a branch of agriculture encompassing the breeding, raising, and utilization of dairy animals, primarily cows, to produce milk and various processed dairy products. Milk for human consumption is produced primarily by the cows and the buffalo. The goat is a vital milk producer in China, India, and other Asian countries, as well as in Egypt. Goat’s milk is also produced in Europe and North America, but goat’s milk is relatively unimportant compared to cow’s milk.
Different types of dairy farming techniques
There are different types of dairy farming techniques.
- Robotic milking is one of the most significant and recognized dairy industry advancements. Automated milking machines handle the whole milking process automatically and gather data to help dairy producers make important decisions for the handling and dairy cattle nutrition of each cow in their system. They measure milk production on a per-cow basis and can measure the grain concentrate each cow is ingesting so you can see the impact it has on their milk production. The khoya machine is used for production of Khoya.
- Rumination collars: A rumination collar uses a microphone to measure a dairy cow’s rumination to help ensure a smooth transition period. Changes in rumination can be an early sign of calving diseases and negative impacts if recent ration changes cow comfort. It is essential to know the rumination patterns for specific dairy cows that can help mitigate the effects of manageable stressors like heat stress.
- Rumen Bolus: A rumen bolus measures rumen temperature and pH levels to help identify systemic infections that need treatment. If a rumen bolus tells a dairy producer that a cow’s pH is dropping, it is a sign that a total mix ration is not mixed thoroughly, sorting is taking place, or a ration change is having negative impacts.
- Parlour Monitoring: Parlor monitoring systems measure daily milk flow per cow, and there are some systems that can measure components like daily milk fat and daily milk protein and can even address milk quality by measuring somatic cells. The Ghee Plant is used for making more ghee.
Things that are used for preparing feed for cows
There are two significant categories of feed: concentrates and roughages. Roughages are usually high in fiber and the concentrates are high in protein and carbohydrates.
- Roughages: Roughages or fiber refers to the carbs in plants that your body can not digest. Once roughage reaches your large intestine, it’s either broken down by your gut bacteria or exits your body in your stools.
- Concentrates: Concentrates are low-fiber, high-energy feeds when compared to forages, and they can vary considerably in their protein content. Most often, they are fed to raise the energy level of the ration for dairy cattle and to compensate for any other deficiencies that remain beyond those provided by the forage portion of the ration.
Nowadays, advanced technology is used for dairy farming. If you are looking for dairy equipment in Ludhiana, then contact NK Dairy Equipments.