India ranks as number 1 when it comes to milk production. The demand for dairy is never ending which is why it is one of the stable and most profitable business choices. If you have a dairy business, then you understand how important it is to maintain hygiene and choose the right equipment. Milk is likely to turn bad or spoil quickly because of contamination and poor hygiene. It goes through several tanks and containers. It also undergoes various processes for making other dairy products like khoya and curd using khoya machine and curd making machine, respectively.
The task of preserving and maintaining hygiene can be made easier using stainless steel. Stainless steel comprises amazing qualities which makes it the best choice for dairy equipment. It is highly available and also affordable. Hence, you should invest in stainless steel for dairy equipment.
Types of Stainless Steel
Since stainless steel is corrosion-resistant, long-lasting and easy to clean it is highly preferred for dairy equipment. Stainless steel is of different types such as Austenitic, Ferritic, Duplex and Martensitic.
- Austenitic – As compared to other types of stainless steel, austenitic is more common and has higher levels of nickel, chromium and molybdenum. It is durable, has excellent plasticity and is prevalent in food processing applications and dairy equipment such as khoya machine.
- Ferritic – This type of stainless steel is magnetic and is resistant to stress corrosion cracking and is also resistant to temperature oxidation. It is usually used in water heating appliances.
- Duplex – It is a combination of both austenitic and ferritic stainless steel. Thus, it has double the strength and is lightweight. Highly used in marine applications as it has excellent corrosion resistance. Thus, it is more suitable for food processing.
- Martensitic – It is a little similar to ferritic but its carbon content is more than ferritic because of this, it can be hardened to a large degree.
Reasons why Stainless Steel is better for Dairy Equipment
- Corrosion Resistance – Stainless steel is inert and contains chromium, this makes it corrosion resistant. It forms a film on its surface due to the presence of oxygen. Because of its ability to withstand humidity, it is a popular choice for dairy equipment such as khoya machine.
- Easy Availability – Stainless steel is made using iron and carbon. Further, 10.5% of chromium and other alloying elements are added to make it corrosion-resistant and withstand high temperatures. Since these raw materials are easily accessible, stainless steel has high availability.
- Affordable – Most of the stainless steel is made up of recycled material due to which the cost of production is reduced. Hence, stainless steel is an affordable option for your ghee plant.
- High Durability and Longevity – Stainless steel can withstand high temperature and harsh chemicals. This makes it tough, highly durable and long-lasting.
- Stainless Steel is Recyclable – One of the best qualities of stainless steel is that it can be recycled. You can not only benefit your dairy business but also benefit the environment by using stainless steel.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain – In the dairy business, milk undergoes different processes and is transferred through several tanks. This increases the risk of corrosion and spoilage. However, this risk can be reduced by using stainless steel because it is very easy to clean and can endure harsh chemicals making it easy for you to maintain your ghee plant.
Stainless steel is a highly viable option for dairy businesses due to its high durability, longevity, corrosion resistance and easy to maintain. Also, it is pocket-friendly and an environmentally safe option.